Monday, June 17, 2013

Presentation 1

PowerPoint Presentation: Shadows
 I choose to do my  Power Point presentation on Shadows. I am a preschool teacher and an Adjunct Professor for the Early Childhood Department at Pierpont Community and Technical College. I created a PowerPoint that reflected a study of shadows int classroom and how teachers can use shadows to teach preschool children. I used a combination of my preschoolers and my own daughter. I plan to use this PowerPoint with my college students and teach them how to use shadows with preschoolers and also show them another form of documenting children's work in the classroom. 

The West Virginia Early Childhood Content Standards I used was Science . Standard 1: Science as Inquiry
 Learning Criteria: Each child will progress in gaining a foundational knowledge of scientific inquiry.

Through the use of shadows children learn cause and effect, problem solve and do simple investigations. 

The PowerPoint includes examples of letter and number recognition, which meets Math and Literacy standards.


Math- Standard 1: Numbers and Operations
 Learning Criteria: Each child will progress in understanding quantity and numbers.
Counting with the cars teaches one-to-one correspondence and number recognition.

Literacy-Standard 2: Reading
 Learning Criteria: Each child will progress in the development of word recognition.
Using letters to teach children the letters in their first name.

 West Virginia Early Learning Standards http://wvde.state.wv.us/oel/early-learning-standards-framework.php

No comments:

Post a Comment