Friday, June 14, 2013

Jing Screencast


I chose to do my video on the Prezi presentation. I thought it would be the easiest  to share, but I didn't realize how long it took to make. I probably made 20 videos before I got this right. Five minutes is not enough time to make a video. I couldn't make it shorter. lol

Making a digital movie is pretty cool. You determine and control the recording area on your screen capture by making a making a box with the arrows, it is kind of like cropping the screen. The options for saving include using a screen cast. My screen capture is in the right hand corner of the my computer. I published my video on the Internet by using screen cast. Screencast allows you to share your video by allowing you to copy and paste the address to your video. Jing  (Sun) has 3 prongs: help feature, capture and history.

I will say that this is a great tool, to connect with students. Especially, if you are teaching and on-line course or if want to make a video of instructions and present to your students in class.

ISTE-NETS T Standard: 2 c. You could use this tool to customize individual learning for your students. If a student has a question about a certain assignment, a professor could post  or e-mail a video with instructions.

ISTE-NETS A Standard 2 b & c. This tool is a perfect example of modern technology and could also be used by students to demonstrate their knowledge of a subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment