Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Google Earth

The assignment was to install Goggle Earth and type in my address. I found the street I live on my I didn't see the my actual house, but I still think it was in high resolution. I think that it was in high resolution because you could see the road and other landmarks.

The other part of the assignment was to use a KML file, but I still have no idea what this means. I did use the the link for KML and e-mailed it to myself and to took a snap shoot with Jing.
                     
                                                   My House



You can import a map from Google Maps  to Google Earth by adding the address you are searching for and switching in between Satellite and Earth view. It feature can give you a more detailed view of the address or place you are searching for. This a great tool to search for places that your class is learning about or just to show the children where they are at. There is also a feature to show the view from moon, stars, etc.. I wish I knew about this tool last Spring when my preschoolers were interested in studying the Solar System. The would have loved to see the satellite view of their classroom.

Goggle Earth for Educators is a great website to get lessons or add lesson plan to for our teachers to use.  I  found a lesson plan on Solar System, but it designed for a 5th grade class. I could use part of the lesson or adjust it to a preschool school level.

ISTE-NETS-A  Standard: Digital Age Learning Culture 2a. This is a digital tool that can improve continuous learning by giving students and teachers a tool to enhance learning of maps.

ISTE-NETS-T  Standard: Model Digital Age Work and Learning 3c. This is a great tool to encourage students to show their knowledge of skills to their peers using a digital tool. This digital tool can help students look up locations or places that they might be exploring in the classroom or that they  could use for a classroom presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment