Thursday, July 18, 2013

Excel 2


                                       This is a example of my t-test

This assignment was to create a second Excel using the data from the previous Excel. I have to admit that I  am still confused of how I created this Excel using the t-test. I followed the demonstration provided in the instructions. I am currently taken the course 6301, which we have to write a Research Action Proposal. I am not sure if I will have to use the t-test in the future but I would prefer not too! LOL

The independent variable is gender male/female. The continuous dependent variable is NAEP  2011 4th grade state reading averages. The research question is does student's gender impact 4 th grade reading performance? The data shows that the female scores are higher than males scores. The answer is to reject null difference, because the gender is a factor in the 4thgrade reading performance.

My research topic is Does Ipads apps a more effective learning tool vs. hands- on activities? The independent variables will be the apps and hands-on activities. The continuous variable will be my Pre-k students.  My hypothesis is that the hands-on activities are more effective learning tool in a Pre-k classroom. The null hypothesis is that there is no difference between Ipad apps or hands-on activities.

ISTE-NETS- T Standard Model Digital Age Work and Learning 3d. This is a digital tool that can support research and learning. A student can apply a t-test to their data that they have collected to analysis it.

1 comment:

  1. Correct answer = reject the null hypothesis (no difference). P value is less than 0.05
    There is a significant difference
    Pvalue is in scientific notation because it is so friggin small E-7 means spaces to the right of the decimal.
    There are scientific notation calculators on the web.
    There is a difference and it is probably (95%) not related to measurement error.

    ReplyDelete