Monday, June 16, 2014

Week 5: Three Brain Network

 Summary of my Responses 


This little exercise shows that all three brain networks are working when you do something as simple as view an image. Look at your notes below and you will see that each network contributes something vital to the task. This is true of everything we do and everything we learn.

My Three Brain Networks

The Unexpected Visitor

Recognition Network

Items I recognized:
chair, table, picture frames, door, wall, people

Strategic Network

How old are the people in this picture?
young children, 4 or 5 years old, 60 year old man, a teenage girl and women in thirties

What historical period and geographical location do you think this picture represents? Why?
The 1920's Pennsylvania

How might the people be feeling in this picture?
nervous waiting for news

Affective Network

What in particular strikes you about this picture?
the old man walking into the room

Note something about yourself that might have led you to focus on these particular aspects:
Missing my grandfather

2 comments:

  1. I saw many of the same people and objects you did in the picture. I thought it might be set in England. I thought their attire looked English. However, in the time period, you could be right. It might be Pennsylvania Dutch. Several of our classmates thought the gentleman was bringing some unpleasant news and detected a sense of nervousness. I thought he was coming to tutor the children. Our different perceptions are quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the setting at around the same time period and location. We had very different interpretations on the age of the man. I thought he was 30-45... but if I try to imagine that he is 60, he really does look old. It even looks like he's leaning to one side as if he has a limp. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete